With the successful procurement of $689,107 in incentives from Commonwealth Edison, Nicor, and Peoples Gas in 2019, Elara Engineering has now achieved a cumulative total of $6,122,050 of earned incentives since 2009.
Elara’s efforts to secure these incentives helps clients offset costs associated with the installation of energy efficiency improvements. The Energy Efficiency Programs through ComEd, Peoples Gas, and Nicor offer non-residential Illinois customers a wide range of incentives for the installation of energy efficiency improvements and the purchase of energy efficient equipment.
Incentives are only awarded after a detailed application process and successful completion of the designed project. Elara’s knowledgeable and highly experienced Incentive Procurement Team works closely with its clients and program representatives during the assessment and design phase of an energy project. Specific application process components include:
- Checks of project and equipment eligibility based on program guidelines,
- Development, submittal and tracking of the pre-approval application,
- Completion of the project design,
- Reviews of the installation of selected equipment,
- Submittal of the final application once the project is complete; including, required measurement and verification data for custom projects,
- Meeting with program representatives at the job site for the final approval of the application, and
- Verification of rebate check amounts.
Through its relationships with program representatives and with over a decade of participation in incentive program round tables and conferences, Elara has the ability to maximize the incentive amounts for our clients and streamline the incentive application and approval process.