Loyola University Institute of Environmental Sustainability
Loyola University Information Commons
Olivet Nazarene University Student Life and Recreation Center
Loyola University Quinlan School of Business
Kankakee Community College Wind Tower
Eastland School District 308, Lanark/Shannon IL
Community Unit School District 3, Neoga IL
Project Highlights and Results
- Elara Green Project: Solar Array
- Northwestern University’s first on-site renewable energy source.
- Doubles as an educational tool for University engineering students.
- 17kW Photovoltaic solar array covers nearly all available area of lightly structure roof of the Engineering Building.
- Addressed project visual/aesthetic constraints created from roof location and ability to see equipment on the roof from ground level.
- Project incorporated new micro inverter technology, web based real time energy values, self-ballasted system (no roof penetrations), and low-profile array
Click here to view the full project profile