Project Highlights and Results
- Elara Green Project: Solar Array
- Northwestern University’s first on-site renewable energy source.
- Doubles as an educational tool for University engineering students.
- 17kW Photovoltaic solar array covers nearly all available area of lightly structure roof of the Engineering Building.
- Addressed project visual/aesthetic constraints created from roof location and ability to see equipment on the roof from ground level.
- Project incorporated new micro inverter technology, web based real time energy values, self-ballasted system (no roof penetrations), and low-profile array
Click here to view the full project profile