Northwestern University Ford Center
Loyola University Institute of Environmental Sustainability
Loyola University Information Commons
Olivet Nazarene University Student Life and Recreation Center
Loyola University Quinlan School of Business
Kankakee Community College Wind Tower
Eastland School District 308, Lanark/Shannon IL
Indian Trails Public Library
$100,000 EBSCO grant for solar array installation costs; selected from 90 grant submissions from 15 countries
Project Highlights and Results
- Elara Green Project: Geothermal, Solar Array
- Renovated building and added new addition to use approximately 40-50% less energy than typical library building.
- Because outside ventilation air was only fully provided during summer months, Elara improved the mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, and information technology needs as part of the renovation and a new 15,200 square-foot, two-story addition.
- Conceptualized new energy efficient mechanical systems and infrastructure (including digital controls) throughout the existing building and new addition incorporating a geothermal heating and cooling system utilizing water source heat pumps.
- New power, lighting, emergency/egress lighting and information technology infrastructure was designed for all renovated and new spaces.
Click here to view the full project profile