Indian Trails Public Library
$100,000 EBSCO grant for solar array installation costs; selected from 90 grant submissions from 15 countries
Project Highlights and Results
- Elara Green Project: Geothermal, Solar Array
- Renovated building and added new addition to use approximately 40-50% less energy than typical library building.
- Because outside ventilation air was only fully provided during summer months, Elara improved the mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, and information technology needs as part of the renovation and a new 15,200 square-foot, two-story addition.
- Conceptualized new energy efficient mechanical systems and infrastructure (including digital controls) throughout the existing building and new addition incorporating a geothermal heating and cooling system utilizing water source heat pumps.
- New power, lighting, emergency/egress lighting and information technology infrastructure was designed for all renovated and new spaces.
Click here to view the full project profile