Indian Trails Public Library, Wheeling IL
Project Highlights and Results
- ASHRAE Excellence in Engineering Award; First-Place: Chapter
- Renovated building and added new addition to use approximately 40-50% less energy than typical library building.
- Because outside ventilation air was only fully provided during summer months due to substantial energy costs and because much of the building’s equipment was approaching or had exceeded its anticipated useful service life, Elara improved the mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, and information technology needs as part of the renovation and a new 15,200 SF, two-story addition.
- Design team conceptualized new energy efficient mechanical systems and infrastructure (including digital controls) throughout the existing building and new addition incorporating a geothermal heating and cooling system utilizing water source heat pumps.
- New power, lighting, emergency/egress lighting and information technology infrastructure was designed for all renovated and new spaces.
Click here to view the full project profile