Bellarmine Jesuit Retreat House, Barrington IL
Project Highlights and Results
- ASHRAE Excellence in Engineering Award; First-Place: Chapter
- Converted heating system from steam to hot water
- Designed a steam to hot water conversion by installing a high temperature hot water boiler plant to serve the 1956 convectors and a low temperature condensing hot water boiler plant to serve the 1924 cast iron radiators.
- Existing piping was reused wherever possible reducing the overall construction cost of the conversion
- Occupants/Retreatants experienced notable comfort increase with no complaints of overheating in any of the project areas
Click here to view the full project profile