What We Do
Incorporated in 2001, Elara Engineering is an MBE Certified, full-service Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, and Fire Protection (MEPFP) consulting engineering firm specializing in the development, costing, delivery, and construction oversight of design solutions of building and utility systems, including pre-design and post-construction expertise and services.
Driven by Practical Innovation, Sustainability, and Results
Our professional staff is driven by their collective passion to achieve sustainable energy efficiencies through constructible designs that minimize the carbon footprint on the environment, save money, and increase asset value. Elara is structured, its staff developed, and its processes followed to continuously generate innovative, cutting-edge designs to improve the functionality of both new and existing buildings.
- Energy Audits & Studies
- Conceptual Engineering / Master Planning
- Energy Modeling
- Incentives Procurement
- Engineering Design
(including IT Infrastructure)
- Fire Protection
- New Construction
- LEED Support
- First U.S. design to incorporate a double ventilated façade as a solar chimney for natural ventilation of the building
- Designed one of Chicago’s first variable primary chilled water plants
- One of the first MEP design firms to adopt IESVE for energy/building modeling
Where We Work
Elara Engineering is headquartered in a near western suburb of Chicago and provides its services and sustainable expertise throughout the Chicago metro area, the Midwest, the United States and beyond.
State of Illinois Commission on Equity and Inclusion, Business Enterprise Program (BEP) for Minority, Females, and Persons with Disabilities – Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) Certified
- NIGP 90740: Engineering Services, Non-Licensed (Not Otherwise Classified), Including Consulting
- NIGP 92536: Engineering Services (Not Otherwise Classified)